Friday, January 6, 2012

Restuarant Review: Brushstroke NYC


A brushstroke....a single application...gentle....elegant....and when multiplied it can create a breathtaking experience that only the masters can deliver. My friends, I give you brushstroke. A culmination of small dishes adding up to a Masterpiece of a meal, this is one place you dare not miss in TriBeCa...

This is simply one of those meals where you put your experience in the hands of those who know how to deliver. Each little dish builds upon the next and even though you are scraping the plate to get the last little bits as they take it away from you, there is also the instant anticipation of what may come next.

I would go into the menu, but it changes quite often and the two times I have been here I was stunned to find myself with "perma-grin" at how silly I enjoyed each bit.

The staff is fantastic and quite adept at the upsell... :-)

SNEAKY NOTE: If you can, get there a little early...spend some time at the bar while you taken in the scenery. BUT you must, MUST ask the bartender for the bar app of the Cucumber in a Rice Vinegar with Mustard dressing. It's light...with a kick and goes great with a crisp cold glass of daiginjo sake...you will be glad you took this little detour my friends.

Until we do this again....

Enjoy....Have Fun...and Eat Well!

TPC

No comments: